Zoetis STRONGID® C 2X
Keeping parasite levels under control helps your horse perform at his best. Parasites steal nutrition, energy and good health from your horse. Left unchecked, parasites can cause damage to vital organs, impair growth and performance, and may cause colic.
A daily dose of STRONGID® C 2X helps break the cycle of parasite infection. STRONGID C 2X helps prevent Strongylus vulgaris larval infestations and control adult large strongyles as well as adult and fourth-stage larvae (L4) of small strongyles, pinworms and ascarids.
Certain risk factors may call for daily deworming to help maintain health and peak performance:
- Boarding and training barns
- Movement on/off farm for training or competitions
- High-risk age groups such as foals, weanlings and geriatric horses
- High stocking densities (more than two horses per acre)
- Nonrotated pastures
- Continuous parasite exposure
- Confirmed fecal egg count (FEC) of more than 200 eggs per gram
To identify your horse’s parasite exposure risk, work with your veterinarian to conduct an FEC test. Then evaluate your horse’s Individualized Deworming™ needs by answering a few questions on IDMyHorse.com.
For horses at higher risk of parasite exposure, STRONGID C 2X provides a safe, effective method to help reduce exposure to parasites.
- Foals may be administered STRONGID C 2X as soon as consistent intake of grain mix is occurring, generally between 2 and 3 months of age.
- STRONGID C 2X may be used in mares at any stage of pregnancy or lactation. Daily use of STRONGID C 2X in the last 30 days of gestation is a safe, effective method of reducing foal exposure to parasites.
- Stallion fertility is not affected by the use of STRONGID C 2X.
- Effectively controls adult large strongyles and adult and fourth-stage larvae (L4) of small strongyles, pinworms and ascarids (roundworms).
- STRONGID C 2X provided a high level of control for adult and fourth-stage ascarids with efficacies of up to 100%, confirmed by two separate field studies.1
- Prevents Strongylus vulgaris larvae before they can damage vital organs or grow into adulthood and produce eggs that contaminate pastures.
- Alfalfa and molasses-based pellets help ensure eager consumption and can be top dressed or mixed into any feed.
- Concentrated STRONGID C 2X requires 2 ounces daily per 1,000-pound horse.
The most important tool in your parasite control arsenal is your veterinarian. If your veterinarian determines your horse would benefit from STRONGID C 2X, getting started is easy.
First, if the horse has not been previously dewormed or may have an established a Strongylus vulgaris larval infestation, administer a broad-spectrum purge dewormer such as QUEST® PLUS Gel to treat your horse for existing parasites.* Then begin daily treatment with STRONGID C 2X. Next, work with your veterinarian to determine the ideal duration for daily treatment and frequency of purge deworming necessary based upon your horse’s individual parasite risk factors and unique Individualized Deworming needs.
STRONGID C 2X is to be administered on a continuous basis either as a top dress or mixed in the horse’s daily grain ration at the rate of 1.2 mg pyrantel tartrate per pound of body weight daily. To achieve this dose, administer:
- 0.5 ounce of STRONGID C 2X per 250 pounds of body weight.
Horse Weight STRONGID® C 2X Daily Dose 250 lb. 0.5 oz. 500 lb. 1.0 oz. 750 lb. 1.5 oz. 1,000 lb. 2.0 oz. 1,250 lb. 2.5 oz. 1,500 lb. 3.0 oz.
- Doses per package for a 1,000-pound horse:
- 50-pound. bag = 400 daily doses
- 10-pound with bucket = 80 daily doses